Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I'm Going to SYMC 2013!

Several months ago, when I was still serving as a youth pastor at my previous church, my wife and I agreed that I should attend the Simply Youth Ministry Conference in March 2013. We saved money from each of my paychecks to pay for the registration, the hotel, and the airfare. After many, many months of saving, I am happy to say that I will be attending the conference March 1-4, 2013.  I will be leaving home on Friday for what is sure to be an exciting time.

To be honest, I have no idea what to expect. There are so many workshops and speakers that I get overwhelmed just looking at the brochure. When I was pastoring, I had a plan for the workshops I was going to attend; now that I am without a church, I am at a bit of a loss as to what I should take.

Here are three things I am looking forward to from this coming weekend.

  1. Meeting up with friends. One of the great joys of Facebook is the ability to connect with others. I have developed relationships with many youth pastors and speakers and I am looking forward to connecting with them and building the relationship even more.
  2. Learning from the presenters. I love to learn and, since my wife will no longer let me take seminary classes, this is a great way for me to continue to put tools in my "shed," so to speak.
  3. Hearing from God. I am ready to be in a place where I am surrounded by other youth pastors and volunteers. I am looking forward to being focused on God and hearing what He has next for me. It has been a trying time without a ministry and I am hoping to hear God speak as to the direction we are to take.

Please note: I will be posting notes from the sessions that I attend at the conference. If you have not already done so, please subscribe to my blog through your email so that you can get the updates as the become available.

Will you be attending SYMC this year? What are you looking forward to the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment