Monday, February 18, 2013

Where In the World Can I Find Volunteers for My Youth Group?

A friend of mine sent me a message the other day asking about volunteers and any resources that I might know of to help him with recruiting and training new youth group volunteers. Here is what I was able to come up with.

Here are two books that I think will also meet the needs. I will confess that I have not read either of them yet, but I greatly enjoy John Maxwell's writing and learn from him regularly. Both of these books are on my to-read list. And while they do not deal directly with recruiting volunteers, I am positive that both books will contain ways to help improve your leadership and the way you pour into your volunteers.


Developing the Leaders Around You: How to Help Others Reach Their Full Potential


The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork: Embrace Them and Empower Your Team

Please note: I am not even going to pretend that this list is exhaustive or even adequate. If you know of other articles or books that my friend and I should look at, please feel free to mention them below. That would be awesome. We can help each other grow and improve in this area because I'm sure the one thing that we can all say with certainty is that we never have enough good volunteers.

1 comment:

  1. I might be a little biased, cause Darren is my friend, but this book rocks. Easy to read. Very practical. Vision challenging. http://www.leadertreks.org/store/everyones-called-to-youth-ministry/

    ReplyDelete