- Put an article in the church bulletin. This will make the need known to the church and you can take anyone and everyone who shows interest. I mean, if you put it out there, they will come, right?
- Hold a mirror under their nose. If fog shows up on the mirror, the person is breathing and ripe to be a volunteer.
- Ask who isn't involved in a ministry already. The best candidates are those who have been asked to leave other ministries before. This shows their willingness to serve and the fact that they don't have a ministry already works in your favor.
- Offer free donuts. You will get some awesome volunteers by letting them know that there are donuts in the youth room every Sunday morning.
- Beg, borrow, and steal. Your children's minister or choir director won't mind at all if you take their volunteers. I mean, we are all one church, right?
What other ways can you think to get warm bodies for your youth group? I mean, all they have to do is love kids and eat pizza, right?