Sunday, July 7, 2013

Book Review - NIV Leadership Bible

I am a collector of Bibles. I have quite a number of Bibles, including the ESV Study Bible, an ESV Journaling Bible, and a NKJV Study Bible that was given to me at my ordination. The newest Bible in my collection is the NIV Leadership Bible.

In full disclosure, I am not a fan of the New International Version. It has never been high on my list, but I absolutely love my copy of the NIV Leadership Bible. The binding, a combination of caramel and dark caramel leathers, is beautiful. The layout inside the Bible is very neat and easy to read. The font for the print is rather large, but not large print.

What makes this Bible unique are the devotionals included in the text. These devotionals are geared specifically for individuals who are in leadership positions or who would like to grow as leaders in light of what the Bible has to say. There are 52 different topics, ranging from character and priorities to servant leadership to conflict management and stewardship. Each of the topics is addressed for a week. The week begins with a longer passage to read, followed by a devotional thought. Each day after that has addition Scripture to read and questions to ponder.

The format for the weekly devotion follows this pattern:

  • Day 1 - Passage to be read
  • Day 2 - _____ and Who God Is
  • Day 3 - _____ and Who I Am
  • Day 4 - _____ and How It Works
  • Day 5 - _____ and What I Do

Also included throughout the text are different insights that are provided for the reader and his continued growth. It is quite obvious that the editors of this Bible are interested in growing godly leaders, ones who are interested in using God's Word as their basis and not just the latest theories from outside Scripture. I would definitely recommend picking up a copy of the NIV Leadership Bible for your leadership library.

Please note: I received a free copy of the NIV Leadership Bible in exchange for an honest review of the book. I was under no obligation to provide a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment