Saturday, July 20, 2013

Three Places I Wanted to Visit At Disney World

The Disney World resort is huge. We were there for seven days (five days in the parks) and there was still a lot of stuff that we weren't able to do. I think if we had spent all five days at just the Magic Kingdom, we still wouldn't have been able to do everything. Here are three places that I wanted to visit while we were at Disney World that are at the top of my list the next time we go.

The first place is Casey's Corner. This is a little restaurant at the end of Main Street when you come into the Magic Kingdom. It is right where you come into the big "open" area in front of the castle. Outside the restaurant are statues of old-timey baseball players. I saw a video about the best place to get snacks and Casey's Corner was one of those places. We walked by it, but there was always a big crowd inside, so we were never able to stop and grab a bite. I thought about doing it the night we went for the fireworks and parade, but there were so many people that I couldn't even wiggle or someone would take my spot.

The second place is Tom Sawyer's Island. To be honest, I don't really know much about this spot. I read and heard that it is pretty exciting and you have to take a boat to get there. I really love the book Tom Sawyer and have always wanted to be a part of the Tom Sawyer adventure. We didn't make it over there because our boys had a limited amount of energy and there was a lot they wanted to do. I got them to go on the Jungle Cruise and Pirates, but then it was off to the Dumbo ride (and the really awesome playground) and It's a Small World. Next time, we are definitely going to check it out.

The third place is the Haunted Mansion. I've heard really good things about this ride and I do enjoy a creepy ride from time to time. My kids are pretty small (the oldest is 7), so this didn't seem like a good idea for this trip. Our plan is to try for a trip down in about 2-3 years, so (hopefully) at least one of the boys can ride with me. If not, I'll go by myself. But definitely doing this one next time.



I realize that all of these places are in the Magic Kingdom. There are a lot of other places that I want to visit, particularly in Epcot. I guess I will need to visit Disney a lot in order to do everything.

What places do you want to visit, but never made it to?



A great resource to find out about the Walt Disney resort and all of the wonderful places to visit is The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids 2013. We used it to plan our trip and it was incredible.


No comments:

Post a Comment