Sunday, January 6, 2013

Goals for 2013 - Reading a Minimum of 25 Books

In continuing to discuss my goals of 2013, I have decided to read a minimum of 25 books, both fiction and non-fiction.

In previous years, I have attempted to read 50 books or more. Sometimes I make it, sometimes I don't. The first year that I read 50 books, I was reading for volume, not understanding. I can barely remember any of the books I read that year. I read a lot, but retained little.

This year, my goal for reading is lower. Not because of a busier schedule or anything. I simply want to be able to understand and apply what I am reading. The main focus of my reading is ministry, but I do enjoy other books as well. I particularly enjoy crime novels, especially those by Robert Crais and Michael Connelly.

As I read, I will be posting several reviews. I hope that you will be able to find something that will be of benefit to you this year.

What books are you reading this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment