Monday, January 14, 2013

What the Future Holds for Me

As you may have read the other day, I am no longer the youth pastor at Charles Town Baptist Church. One of the comments I have received from a lot of people is not to allow this to discourage me. I actually have no plans to let that happen. Here are a few things that I foresee happening.

  1. I am praying. I don't understand why this happened. I want to understand. I want to know why God took me away from the church and kids I love. I am praying that God will make it abundantly clear what His will is.
  2. I am looking for a new church to serve in. I truly believe that God has called me to ministry. I am not happy being on the sidelines, not having the opportunity to teach or preach. It was rather strange to be sitting in the congregation of a new church on Sunday. But that doesn't mean I won't ever be involved with ministry again. I am just waiting for God to provide the opportunity. I am currently sending resumes and looking for the right ministry.
  3. I am considering other options. I don't really know what options I am considering. Maybe I will start a small group Bible study. Maybe I will start a church. Maybe I will get involved with a church on a volunteer basis. There are a lot of options and I am trying to keep my heart open to God's leading. I would ask that you would pray for that as well.

As I said, these are things that I am considering for the future. I don't know what God's will is, but I want to make certain that I am willing to pursue it wholeheartedly.

How can you get involved with the future God has for me and the area of Charles Town? Leave a comment and let me know how you want to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment